home about me linky parties i love My Etsy Shop my faith grab a button contact me blogs i love Image Map

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jute Growth Chart


Another look at my son's jute growth chart.
-With updated pictures- 
See my original post with other examples Here

I had been seeing growth charts everywhere and really wanted to make my own, so I did! 
I purchased two yards of Jute Webbing and this is what I made.

(Sorry I am horrible with pictures)




Here is how I made mine

I took my giant sharpie and used stencil to mark the numbers

 
I went all the way up to 6 feet

DON'T FORGET TO ACOUNT FOR ANY BASEBOARD OR SPACE BELOW THE CHART.
My first inch starts at 6 inches. 
  
Then I marked each inch. For ease of measuring later.

 Ta-Da

Originally I had used my hemp chord with holes but as you can see I didn't space them far enough apart and it wanted to fold over on itself. So instead, I added wood.

I tied on the hemp, folder over the jute webbing and hot glued it.


What do you think?

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you