home about me linky parties i love My Etsy Shop my faith grab a button contact me blogs i love Image Map

Friday, July 29, 2011

My Sons New Growth Chart

I have been wanting to do a growth chart for a while now. 
Originally this is what I wanted to do, from How Does She (and still may) I just have to take the time to sand the wood I have, paint it, mark it and get it hung. 

So in the mean time I ran across a growth chart using jute webbing. Now I am new to the craft world and don't know much about material so I had never heard of jute webbing. :) It took me asking the lady at Joanns to help me find it. 
So I purchased 2 yards this week and googled different pictures of growth charts to see how I wanted mine to end up. 
Here are a few




This one featured at Sew Dang Cute by Wipperberry is my favorite.

Love the key tags used to mark the growth.
She even packaged hers up in a cute gift box!
LOVE IT! 

Here is what I ended up doing.
Sorry I am horrible with pictures
I kinda took a little bit from each and I really like it.
I still need to find where I want to hang it....
Oh and I did use the round key tags! I love them! I have my son's name on the back side of the tag and then the date, his weight and height. 

Here is how I made mine

I took my giant sharpie and used stencil to mark the numbers

 
I went all the way up to 6 feet

DON'T FORGET TO ACOUNT FOR ANY BASEBOARD OR SPACE BELOW THE CHART.
My first inch starts at 6 inches. 
  
Then I marked each inch. For ease of measuring later.

 Ta-Da

Originally I had used my hemp chord with holes but as you can see I didn't space them far enough apart and it wanted to fold over on itself. So instead, I added wood.

I tied on the hemp, folder over the jute webbing and hot glued it.


What do you think?


I am linking up here










Photobucket





36th Avenue




6 comments:

  1. I love this!! I wish I would have thought to make something like that when my first was a baby - now he is almost 5! Life just slips by sometimes. I love the idea of marking in a doorway, but this is so much better because you can take it with you if you ever move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great! I need a new one for my son... he broke his growth chart : (

    Thanks for linking up to Craft and Tell this week!

    Ashley
    www.cherishedbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I just bought some of this "stuff" to do a wreath - now to use the extras for a growth chart - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see your wreath! I ran across some other things with with stuff :) it's fun to learn. Glad you have a project now to use your leftovers on!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're great Natassia - I haven't made it yet :), but here is my link to it on pinterest http://pinterest.com/pin/20022891/

    I think it originally came from Southern Living? Not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, friend! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you please share your creative posts at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you