home about me linky parties i love My Etsy Shop my faith grab a button contact me blogs i love Image Map

Friday, November 2, 2012

What are you putting in your shoebox?


Operation Christmas Child- What are you putting in your shoebox this year? 

This year is a little different for us. This year my son is 2 and I want him (as best he can) to understand what we are doing. I am taking him to the store and we are going to put together a shoebox full of toys and things for someone else. 

What an act of KINDNESS

Have you stopped by Operation Christmas Child yet
Here is some information for you:

Simple Gifts



God uses Operation Christmas Child to touch the lives of Philippine children living in dire conditions.

It smells so strongly of trash and cow dung at the big garbage dump outside of Manila that most people hold handkerchiefs to their noses to block some of the smell. No one wants to visit this area. Muck swallows shoes, leaving people barefoot in the smelly mess.



I hope this touches you as much as it does me. Will you help Operation Christmas Child- What are you putting in your shoebox this year? 

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun putting ours together!! Hubs and I did 5 and I had 7 of the girls at the office do them too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you