home about me linky parties i love My Etsy Shop my faith grab a button contact me blogs i love Image Map

Monday, April 2, 2012

Peace, or lack there of


Lately I have been struggling to find peace.  I have been trying to figure things out on my own.  I have been trying to make my own plans and do what I think is best.  This, as I am sure you all know, is a terrible idea.  It leads to sleepless night, stressful days, all around unhappiness, fear, and yes, lack of peace.

So today when I read this and really wanted to share this all with you.

JESUS CALLING - April 2 - by Sarah Young
I HAVE PROMISED to meet your needs according to My glorious riches. Your deepest, most constant need is for My Peace. I have planted Peace in the garden of your heart, where I live; but there are weeds growing there too: pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief. I am the Gardener, and I am working to rid your heart of those weeds. I do My work in various ways. When you sit quietly with Me, I shine the Light of My Presence directly into your heart. In this heavenly Light, Peace grows abundantly and weeds shrivel up. I also send trials into your life. When you trust Me in the midst of trouble, Peace flourishes and weeds die away. Thank Me for troublesome situations; the Peace they can produce far outweighs the trials you endure.
Philippians 4:19; 2 Corinthians 4:17


In the end when I finally realized I was not living the way God wanted, by having complete and total faith and trust in Him.  Only now am I able to start finding the kind of peace that comes from fully trusting God. 

So here I am, working towards letting go. Letting go of my planning and giving into whatever God has in store for me. It is not going to be easy, but I am certain God will guide me through and give me the strength and peace I need.  He is an awesome and powerful God- He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow! 



Phil 4:6
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 




3 comments:

  1. Nat, I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award! Come by my page to grab it and for more details.

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    (Let me know if you've already received this award, hopefully not) :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natassia,

    Thanks for sharing this morning! I needed these words as well. How powerful is God and his ability to speak through different people on the same subject! Good job girl, give it all to Him and He will reward you!

    -Tory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these thoughts...

    thanks for sharing!

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you