home about me linky parties i love My Etsy Shop my faith grab a button contact me blogs i love Image Map

Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Coffee Anyone


Welcome friends! 
If you were here with me today I would invite you in and offer you some coffee, tea or water :) Whatever your preference.  I would give you a hug and tell you how very thankful I am to have you in my life. I truly appreciate your support.

I would tell you how excited I am for my parents to come into town this weekend! My mom is coming today so we can hang out and go shopping. (Ok so she is more excited about seeing the little guy, but thats ok. I love seeing them together) I am looking forward to some women time and some Marshalls/Home Goods shopping!  My dad will come in tomorrow and we (my parents, my brother & his wife and oh course my husband and I) for my moms birthday dinner. We are going to The Wine Guy, oh how I can taste the bruschetta already... mmmm amazing! I love family time!

I would also share with you the small changes on my blog. I love changing things around and updating it a bit. I am no professional but I try and have fun with it. What do you think of the new banner and welcome image? I really like simple and clean and am very happy with it. If you don't remember what was up before...


and after

I am lucky to have a photographer in the family, my mom! She is simply amazing! If you are ever in Ohio and need a fantastic photographer look no further----> Studio L Photography

Speaking of photos... I am NOT a photographer but I want to show you this cute little man. I am very proud to be called his mommy. It was just him and I yesterday, all day, so we had some fun with tv and spaghetti for dinner. He thought it was the best thing to squeeze it between his fingers then eat it.



Thank you Chrissy for reminding me of this fun editing program Pixlr! I had forgotten all about it!

Also if you were here I would tell you about a book I just started reading and am looking forward to getting into it. Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World

I came across Christina @ Bible Cafe for Women and this is what she had to say...
This powerful book details the differences between Martha and Mary, the two sisters of Lazarus in the bible. Martha is described as “the original Martha Stewart, the New Testament’s Proverbs 31 woman, and Israel’s answer to Betty Crocker.” She is busy serving and preparing for Jesus, while Mary worships and listens at the feet of Jesus. While both roles are important, the purpose of the book is to find balance between your inner Martha and inner Mary.    -Christina @Bible Cafe for Women



I have had this book for awhile, I even started it a few years ago and never got through it. Life got in the way. So I am going through it again now. We all have so many different things we feel are important or need done RIGHT NOW. However, where do we put Christ in our to do list. Is He at the top or mixed in? I too want to find the balance between my inner Martha and inner Mary. Care to join me?

Anyway, there hasn't been much else going on around here, I would love to hear from you and what is going on in your life. {Comment or post a link back to a post about something you are up to!}

I do want to thank you for stopping by and spending time with me! I need to run and get ready for the day!  Have a great weekend!! Hopefully I will remember to take pictures and can share them with you later!

When you need a refill, head over and have another cup with Chrissy from Boerman RamblingsNay form Cover to cover, and Alissa from  Rags to Stitches.


1 comment:

  1. I am reading the "Mary Heart" book now too. It is rocking my world. Full of such good stuff! It's so good that I may take it chapter by chapter when I finally write about it on the blog because it's just that full of memorable stuff! Love the header :) Both are great. Have a great weekend, Nat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you