home about me linky parties i love My Etsy Shop my faith grab a button contact me blogs i love Image Map

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Court Day November 12, 2014

Another "wow, what a day" day :)
Today was court day. Our appointment was at 2:30 and our driver wanted to make sure we weren't late so he scheduled to pick us up at 1. 
So the morning was pretty laid back. The boys woke at 6:30, ate and we're back to sleep around 8 for about 30 minutes. Once they woke up we brought them downstairs to play while we finished breakfast. 
We sort of goofed off a bit too long and all of a sudden needed to get ready. As soon as I started to get ready the power went off. But you know, that's ok, I wasn't going to let that bother me, and I didn't really need power for anything anyway.  We got ready and since the traffic wasn't very bad our driver gave us more time to gather things and load up. We packed extra clothes for the boys just in case, formula, snacks, diapers, and water for us. Then we headed to the court house. When we arrived it certainly wasn't like anything I expected. There were guards at the front and then you waiting outside by the van until our attorney came and got us and told us we needed to hurry and get inside because he was ready for us and wanted to get us in quickly between another case. We ended up being in there only 20 minutes, we stood when he said our names and he asked us only one question- "where are you from in the US".  Joe answered and that was about all that was said from us. Our attorney is very good and she had everything prepared perfectly. They talked so quietly I couldn't really understand what was being said. After it was done he asked our attorney when we were going to leave. She explained to him that we would like this expedited because of the boys health and he asked us what day we would like the ruling and then said "would monday be fine?". Wow, um yes! I didn't really know if we were suppose to answer but I smiled and shook my head. After we said thank you (softly) and left.
Outside we talked with the 2 uncles and Hillary (the lady at the baby home). We took some pictures and talked about coming to visit the one uncle and grandma after we get the visas if we can...
That was it for us. Our attorney will pick up the written ruling monday (if all goes as planned) and we will legally have guardianship of the boys. Next we have to apply for passports and wait.
It was a good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you