home about me linky parties i love My Etsy Shop my faith grab a button contact me blogs i love Image Map

Saturday, November 8, 2014

We finally meet!

Written 11.11.14
Wow, so much has happened since my last post. I was going to blog more but 1- my computer died and 2- I have been a bit busy. :) 
So let me start with the baby home. (11.8.14)  Even driving there it didn't seem real. The roads were rough and got even worse as we came close to the home. Once we arrived I saw a gate that I had seen before in pictures and I knew we were there. My heart started to pound and I was excited and nervous all at once. 
Oh the children. I wanted to love on each and every one of them. They were all so precious and beautiful. One of the first little boys I saw grabbed me, looked up and said "mamma". Oh my heart! I wanted to scoop him up and squeeze him but I also wanted to be careful and not confuse them. I honestly wasn't sure what to do. As we were greeter by all the kids they were calling us and asking us to come inside, this is where we thought the boys would be. Once we got into the tiny room inside, there were 3 couches and 2 chairs and we were told to sit. After a little bit Patrick informed us that they weren't expecting us until next Friday and they had taken the boys to the clinic to be checked out for a cough. So while we waited we just couldn't help but love on the kids. There were a couple of boys I wanted to find and meet and take pictures of, and wow, when you get your phone out to take pictures they all get so excited and we were swarmed with children. I have so many pictures of these beautiful kids. 


After we waited a while it got really warm inside and so we decided to step back outside and play while we waited for the boys to be brought to us. I had also packed some balloons for the kids and we asked if we could blow them up- I thought it might be best if I went in the van to blow them all up before we got them out- I got only 2 balloons blown up when I saw 2 caregivers walking in with the boys. I immediately stopped, threw the 2 balloons out and turned and starred- there they were. I almost froze. Our beautiful twin boys- and wow did they look a like. We greeted her and she turned to me and looked at this tiny baby and said "this is your momma" and handed me Wasswa. Time sort of stopped, they brought Kato over and Joe wanted to take him but asked if I wanted to hold both but I let him have one. It seemed only fair ;)
Again, I couldn't believe it. Here they were, one in my arms and one in Joe's. 
They asked us to come sit down so they could talk with us and also explain the clinic visit. They had medicine to give us for the boys and we wanted to thank them for caring for them for the last 6 months. There were tears, hugs, pictures and prayers. They children all gathered and prayed for Wasswa (Maverick) & Kato (Maddox) and they sang. It was beautiful. Joe then asked to pray as well before we left and there were more tears from this momma. 
We had our boys and we were allowed to take them with us. Oh, they did ask us when we had them if we wanted to take them today- neither one of us hesitate and we both, together, said yes. There was no way we were ever leaving them. Joe even said, if we can't take them today then we are staying the night there- they all laughed. 
It was a perfect afternoon and we were smittened. 
Now off to the store for formula & diapers. (We were told huggies are the best here- not pampers. So we have  huggies and later needed to buy 7 days. They both work fine.) 
We both agreed that it would have been better to have gone before we got the boys but we didn't know what size diaper or what formula to buy so we waited. It sure felt like it took forever at the store because all I wanted to do was get them back to the house and love on them. They snuggled right in and Kato fell asleep in my arms. 
This momma was in love! 

I have more to share and that will come later in another post and hopefully soon-- pictures :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you