home about me linky parties i love My Etsy Shop my faith grab a button contact me blogs i love Image Map

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Some honesty

To be honest some days I wonder how I am going to keep up with this blog. I LOVE it, truly I do! But when I look at some other blogs I feel like there is no way I will ever compare. Then I meet new people and read their stories and blogs and am reminded again why I do it. I want to be a part of the blog world because I ENJOY it and I LOVE meeting new people! It has also been great meeting other Christian ladies.
Like Blessed Momma Musing   Check her out!

I found this on her blog and asked her if I could share it.



BEFORE I WAS A MOM



Before I was a Mom I made and ate hot meals.
I had unstained clothing.
I had quiet conversations on the phone.
Before I was a Mom I slept as late as I wanted.
And never worried about how late I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.
Before I was Mom I cleaned my house each day.
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to lullabies.
Before I was a Mom I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom I had never been puked on, pooped on, spit on, peed on, or pinched by tiny fingers.
Before I was a Mom I had complete control of my mind, my thoughts, my body and all my feelings.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a Mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.
Before I was a Mom I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was OK.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much...... ......before I was a Mom.





...Author Unknown


2 comments:

  1. Your doing great! We enjoy reading your blog :) your monsters were darn cute! blogging is kinda addicting isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! And yes it is! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you